The First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) is an independent authority within the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) that provides emergency responders with high‐speed wireless broadband network dedicated to public safety. The enabling legislation for FirstNet required consultation with federal, state, tribal, and local public safety entities to ensure that the FirstNet network was designed to meet the needs of public safety across the country.
Group Solutions was engaged to conduct regional statewide listening sessions in Florida. Each session:
- Additionally, survey elements FloridaNet will be collecting for FirstNet and
- Provided and update on the planning process in Florida.
- Captured feedback on the process and interest in ongoing participation from stakeholders
- Presented options for participating in the process
- Collected feedback on design of future workshops
Over 100 stakeholders representing law enforcement, emergency management, fire service, public works, health, Tribal public safety agencies, emergency medical services teams participated in this process.